Moist and Melt-in-Your-Mouth Swiss Roll Cake.
You can have Moist and Melt-in-Your-Mouth Swiss Roll Cake using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist and Melt-in-Your-Mouth Swiss Roll Cake
- Prepare 95 grams of Milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- It’s 50 grams of Plain flour.
- It’s 5 large of Eggs.
- It’s 80 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of Rum (for syrup).
Moist and Melt-in-Your-Mouth Swiss Roll Cake instructions
- Sift the flour into a small bowl. Put the egg whites into a large bowl. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper..
- After bringing the milk and butter to a boil, add to the small bowl and stir. Add one egg yolk at a time and stir well..
- After adding all the egg yolks the mixture will look like this. Add the vanilla extract..
- Make the meringue..
- Beat the egg whites until the egg white doesn't move if you move the bowl from left to right. Add one tablespoon of sugar and continue to beat until it looks like this photo..
- Add the rest of sugar in three batches and continue to beat constantly until stiff peaks form..
- Scoop some meringue with a hand whisk and add into the small bowl. Mix well. Add 1/3 of the rest of meringue and fold in with a spatula..
- Add the mixture of the small bowl into the meringue and fold in until evenly combined..
- Pour the batter into the baking sheet and flatten the surface. Give several sharp taps to the tray to get rid of excess air. Turn down the oven temperature to 190°C and bake for 14 minutes..
- After baking, spread a piece of parchment paper out and place the baked sponge cake onto it (with the side without the baking parchment down) to cool for 15 minutes. Peel off the top baking parchment and brush the rum on top. Cover with parchment paper and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Make the cream filling. Slice off the top end of the sponge diagonally and spread the cream filling, leaving a 2 cm border in front and 1 cm on the top end..
- You'll start to roll the sponge cake from the front so put more cream toward you and less cream toward the top end that's further away from you..
- Roll the sponge cake as if gently wrapping up the cream filling. Place a chopping board under the top end to secure the sponge after rolled..
- Roll the sponge cake to make a nice shape. Place the sponge cake with the joint down and wrap with parchment paper. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours..
- When you roll the sponge cake, the brown skin stuck to the parchment paper automatically peels off when you remove it so you can get rid of it easily..