Vickys Lighter Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Lighter Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Lighter Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Stork block margarine or butter for greasing the tin.
- Prepare 100 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 100 grams of sunflower / olive spread (Vitalite) / Stork block margarine.
- Prepare 100 grams of raisins.
- Prepare 100 grams of sultanas.
- It’s 100 grams of currants.
- It’s 100 grams of caster (superfine) sugar.
- You need 100 grams of fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed spice (see below).
- It’s 150 ml of light coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of brandy.
- It’s of Brandy Sauce to serve, see recipe linked below.
Vickys Lighter Christmas Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Grease a 2 pint / 1.2 litre pudding basin very well with some margarine.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and add the sunflower spread / margarine, rubbing it in with your fingertips to create 'breadcrumbs'.
- Mix in the raisins, sultanas, currants, sugar, breadcrumbs and mixed spice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Stir in the milk and brandy to make a really thick batter. You may need more milk if using gluten-free flour, around 2 tablespoons or so.
- Spoon into the greased pudding bowl.
- Cover with baking paper or foil with a pleat in the middle to allow space for the pudding to rise. Secure the paper/ foil under the rim of the bowl.
- Get a large pan of water simmering and put the pudding bowl inside. The water should sit 2/3 of the way up the side of the bowl.
- Put the lid on the pan and let the pudding steam for 3 hours. Take care removing the hot bowl from the pan.
- Let cool if not serving immediately and recover with clean parchment/foil. The pudding will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Re-steam for 90 minutes before serving if the pudding has been cooled and stored.
- You'll need to invert the pudding basin to get it out so put a plate over the top.
- Carefully flip the plate and bowl over. The pudding will release easily.
- Slice into 6 wedges and serve with my Sweet Brandy Cream Sauce or some hot custard https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357491-vickys-sweet-brandy-cream-sauce-for-christmas-pudding.