Christmas Wreath Made From Bread.
You can have Christmas Wreath Made From Bread using 7 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Wreath Made From Bread
- Prepare of Strong bread flour.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Yeast.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Shortening.
- It’s of Water.
Christmas Wreath Made From Bread step by step
- Knead the dough in a bread maker. Let it ferment for 20 minutes. If kneading by hand, follow this recipe–>.
- Separate the dough into 5 balls and let rest for 15 minutes. If making small wreaths, separate into 10 balls..
- Stretch the dough into strands. Don't pull too much because the dough can break easily, so while they're resting, stretch..
- Stretch into 70 cm lengths for a larger wreath and 50 cm for a smaller wreath..
- Braid the dough. Attach the dough where the braid will begin. From the left, number each strand 1,2,3,4,5.
- (1) Cover strand 3 with strand 2. Rename them 1,2,3,4,5.
- (2) Bring strand 5 over to cover strand 2. From the left, number them 1,2,3,4,5 again..
- (3) Bring strand 1 over strand 3 and renumber them 1,2,3,4,5 from the left again..
- Continue (1)–>(2)–>(3) in order and repeat until it's braided until the very end..
- Cut off the not-so-neat parts where the braid begins and ends..
- It will be cut about 10 cm. Place a bent wire in the cut area. Spread water on the cut ends and stick both ends together..
- Make a sash using the dough that was cut out from Step 10 and wrap around the cut ends..
- If there is still some excess dough, it's nice to add something like holly or stars. Decorate as little as possible, spreading water on the reverse sides to stick on..
- There is no final fermentation. Lightly spread egg on the entire wreath. Bake in an oven for 25 minutes at 180°C. Let it cool overnight on a cooling rack..
- If you can't braid with 5 strands, it's probably best if you practice with a string first. Since it's wasteful, if you practice with string you can reuse it, think about it, and even cut it if you have to..
- If you're planning to hang it on the wall, it's better to stick the wire in towards the bottom rather than the middle. (The picture shows the wreath from the top).
- It's also a good idea to make the wreath to match the size of the box. For preserving the wreath, when the wreath gets dry and hard and is dehydrated, it's safest to spray it with bug spray..
- A heart-shaped wreath. (The picture is a small one.) After forming the heart shape, cut a V shape in the center hole at both the top and bottom of the wreath. Spread water on the cut ends and stick together..
- Not only can you decorate the dough with holly, you can also use ribbons and decorations sold in stores..
- You can change the decorations to match the seasons and use the wreath all year long..
- Here, I'll share some of the wreaths made by others. Please use them for ideas!.
- katz/cat made this on 11/12/09. It's theme is "Kiki's Delivery Service." Apparently she used cracker dough to make the decorations..
- This was made by Beautypote on 11/12/09. The 2 ribbons and the decorations are lovely..
- Chocolavanilla made this one on 11/17/09. Even though it's just wrapped with ribbon, it looks amazing..