Chicken Kuzhambu (Chicken Curry).
You can have Chicken Kuzhambu (Chicken Curry) using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Kuzhambu (Chicken Curry)
- You need of . Chicken – 300 gm.
- It’s of . Salt – as needed.
- Prepare of . Coriander leaves – handful.
- You need of . Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Prepare of . Chilli powder – 2 tsp.
- It’s of . Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
- It’s of . Curry leaves – handful.
- You need of . Coriander leaves – to garnish.
- Prepare of . Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- It’s of . Oil – 2 tbsp.
- You need of To Grind:.
- You need of . Cinnamon – 1 inch.
- It’s of . Fennel – 1 tsp.
- You need of . Cumin – 1 tsp.
- Prepare of . Cardamon – 2.
- You need of . Clove – 3.
- It’s of . Onion – 1 sliced.
- It’s of . Ginger – 1 inch.
- It’s of . Garlic – 5.
- You need of . Tomato – 2 small.
- It’s of . Grated coconut – 1/4 cup.
- It’s of . Oil – 2 tsp.
Chicken Kuzhambu (Chicken Curry) step by step
- 1. Clean chicken thoroughly in running fresh water and cook in pressure cooker with turmeric and salt for 2 whistles. Keep this aside. 2. Heat kadai add 2 tsp of oil and add all the ingredients one by one under the topic "To Grind" except coconut. Saute nicely until tomato get mushy. Once tomato mashed up add coconut saute for 2 min and cool down. Grind to smooth and silky paste with adding bit of water..
- 3. In same kadai add 2 tbsp of oil. Once hot add this ground paste and saute for 2 minutes. Now add curry leaves this gives nice flavor to the dish. Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix up and cook till oil come out from the edges. 4. Add cooked chicken with water. Adjust salt remember we already added some salt when we cook chicken..
- 5. Add 1/2 cup of water and let the curry to boil nicely. Finally add garam masala and coriander leaves. Saute for 2 minutes and serve hot with steamed rice…