Basic Meringue. In large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture forms stiff peaks. Meringue is a basic mixture of egg whites and sugar that whips up into a voluminous mixture of fluff that is light and airy.
Italian meringues are made by beating a hot sugar syrup into the egg whites. Combine egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. In its simplest form, meringue is made up of just egg whites and sugar. You can have Basic Meringue using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Meringue
- You need of Egg white's.
- It’s of Caster Sugar.
- It’s of Vanilla Extract tsp. for every 4 egg white's.
The ratio of egg white to sugar and how you handle those two ingredients makes all the difference in the outcome. Place egg whites in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk and whip until stiff peaks hold and meringue does not slide out when bowl is turned upside. Gradually add in sugar and then vanilla and vinegar. Peaks and swirls of white, fluffy meringue are the crowning glory to some of the most beloved pies: vanilla cream, coconut cream, chocolate meringue, and lemon meringue.
Basic Meringue step by step
- Best too use the whisk attachment to a Electric Kenwood Food Mixer (other Brands are available),the see through Plastic guard stops the raw egg white's from splashing everywhere – so fast spin until soft peaks form.
- Then add the caster sugar – One tablespoon at a time and then maybe lightly whisk and then add another tablespoon of sugar and then whisk that – and so on..
- Put some Baking Parchment on a Baking Tray,put some blobs of unsugared whisked up egg white's on the bottom of the Baking Parchment too stick the Baking Parchment to the Baking Tray and then either add 6 heaped blobs of sweetened whisked up egg white's,or put a whole load on and form a shallow bowl inside – and then bake in the oven at Gas Mark 1 for about 1 hour and 30 minutes..
- Turn the oven off – and just leave your meringue there for 12 or 24 hours and then peel off the Baking Parchment and then enjoy eating the meringue,in some kind of way..
It may seem like a fancy dessert you only order at your favorite diner, but you can make homemade meringue at home. There are three basic types of meringue: French, Italian, and Swiss. This meringue pie topping, known as a French or common meringue, is a simple combination of egg whites whipped with sugar. It's the easiest type of meringue to make. An easy Meringue Recipe filled with tips for that perfect, fluffy, meringue to top all sorts of pie recipes, puddings, and other treats.