Mackerel (meen puttu).
You can cook Mackerel (meen puttu) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mackerel (meen puttu)
- You need of Mackerel (steamed) fillet 500grm.
- Prepare of Ginger chopped (diced).
- Prepare of Garlic chopped (diced).
- Prepare of Onion 1 chopped (diced).
- You need leaf of Curry.
- It’s of Green chili 5 chopped (diced).
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of Coconut oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Grated coconut handfull.
- Prepare of For tempering.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mustard seed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin/fennel seeds.
- It’s of Curry leaf 2 strands.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oil.
Mackerel (meen puttu) instructions
- Add salt and turmeric powder, Add water and boil, add fish and let it cook for 7 to 10 mins. Drain it. Or mix turmeric and salt to fish,mix well and steam..
- Let it cool completely. Now squeeze the excess water from it. Shred the fish fillet & Crumble it and set aside..
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle the tampering spices, add onions, ginger, garlic, chillies. Saute and toss for 2 mins. Add in turmeric powder and salt. Add in shredded fish and toss well. Add in coconut and mix well. Cook on a medium low heat for 10 mins till it gets little crispy..