Buttermilk Prawns. Take Any Meal To the Next Level With Our New Crave-Worthy, Chef-Inspired Condiments. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Marinade prawns with salt & pepper.
Slice the spine open because you need to remove the black vein. Rinse them, then let them drain on kitchen paper. Coat the prawns evenly with the cornflour & remove excess flour. You can have Buttermilk Prawns using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Prawns
- It’s 350 gm of prawns.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Corn starch.
- You need leaves of Curry.
Place the prawns in the Buttermilk Sauce & serve. Butter Prawn is a relatively new Malaysian creation-combining the best of Malay, Chinese, Indian, and western ingredients, this is a knockout dish in terms of taste, smell, and presentation. Other than prawn, the key ingredient of this dish is curry leaf. Dip seasoned shrimp briefly in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture.
Buttermilk Prawns step by step
- Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the prawns until they change color but not too long. Set the prawns aside..
- Use the same pan and heat up butter to stir fry scallions, garlic and curry leaves..
- Add milk, sugar and paprika. Add salt to taste and corn starch depending how thick you want the sauce to be..
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until all blend well..
- Serve hot..
Pour the buttermilk mixture over the shrimp and, working in batches, toss them in the seasoned flour. Mix flour and Old Bay Seasoning together in a shallow dish. Dip shrimp in buttermilk and dredge in flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and place on a lined baking sheet. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste.