Instant easy soft sponge dhokla without oven ready in 20 minutes. The secret of its sponginess and no requirement of advance preparation lies in using popular Eno salt. Make sure to beat uniformly till the air is incorporated in the batter well. This soft, fluffy, mildly zingy dhokla sums up to a great snack any time of the day.
Take out the plate from the steamer and let it cool for a few minutes. Homemade Instant Khaman Dhokla, is a popular Gujrati snack. It's a nice warm soft and spongy savory cake made from gram flour (besan) and is tempered with some Indian spices. You can have Instant easy soft sponge dhokla without oven ready in 20 minutes using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant easy soft sponge dhokla without oven ready in 20 minutes
- It’s of flour 2 cups 150 grams.
- Prepare of Ginger and green chilli paste 2tspn.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Turmeric powder1/3 tspn.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Fruit salt (ENO UNFLAVOURED) 1 tspn.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Cooking oil 1 tspn.
- You need of Water lukewarm 1/2 glass(150 ml).
- It’s of for tadka or tempering.
- It’s of Green chillies 3 (split).
- Prepare of Few curry.
- Prepare of Mustard seeds 1 tspn.
- Prepare of Sugar 1/2 tspn.
- Prepare of Salt 1/3 tspn.
- You need of Oil.
Meanwhile prepare the steamer with water for steaming the Dhokla. Add Eno and IMMEDIATELY put pan in the steamer. Another healthy Indian Recipe, this is a Besan Dhokla and is also known as Khaman Dhokla. Really yummy and can be used if you are on diet or as an snack !
Instant easy soft sponge dhokla without oven ready in 20 minutes step by step
- Sieve (strain) the gram flour in a bowl,add Semolina (sooji),sugar mix it properly.
- Add water and lemon juice,mix it properly,cover it and leave for 15 minutes.
- In a meanwhile,boil 2 glasses of water in a pot and grease a deep plate or cake tin.
- After 15 minutes, add turmeric powder,ginger,green chilli paste,salt,and 1 tspn oil mix it well.
- Add fruit salt (ENO) in batter,add 1 tspn of water on Eno mix it in one direction.
- Pour the batter into greased cake tin immediately after mixing Eno.
- Open the lid of the pot (after 15 minutes of boiling water) and place the tin into the pot.
- Put the lid and cover it for 20 minutes on medium flame (DO NOT OPEN THE LID OF THE PAN IN BETWEEN).
- After 20 minutes check the dhokla with the stick or knife if it's clear it means it's ready.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down lil bit.
- Now take out the dhokla cut into pieces.
- For tadka heat oil and add mustard seeds,green chillies,curry leaves, sugar,salt fry few seconds and pour the tadka on dhokla.
- Garnish it with fresh coconut and serve with green chutney or ketchup or red chutney.
The water should already be boiling or hot when you place the pan with the dhokla batter. I have used eno to prepare instant dhokla, you can use the blue plain flavour or green lemon flavour. I recently made dhokla again and took for a potluck, thought of updating with video on how to make dhokla. Instant besan dhokla is prepared with gram flour and yogurt batter using Eno fruit salt. Steamed for few minutes and soft and spongy Instant besan dhokla is ready to serve with green coriander chutney.