Vickys Steak Diane Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can cook Vickys Steak Diane Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Steak Diane Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of knob of sunflower spread.
- You need 2 of shallots, thinly sliced.
- You need 4 of chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of crushed garlic clove.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce, gf recipe on my profile.
- You need 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of brandy for flambe (ooooooh!).
- It’s 200 ml of coconut or cashew cream, recipes on my profile.
- Prepare 2 of fillet or sirloin steaks around 170g each, flattened to around 1/4" thickness.
Vickys Steak Diane Sauce, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- Cook your steaks in a little butter/sunflower spread for a minute on each side then while they're resting, use the same pan to start the sauce. Don't clean it!! Put the butter and oil right in there.
- Add the shallots, mushrooms and garlic, season with some salt & pepper and fry off over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the mustard and worcestershire and stir around then get ready for sone scary fun!.
- Add the brandy and then gently tip the frying pan so the gas flame ignites the alcohol. The flame will burn down in a few seconds but may be quite high so be careful. If you're not cooking with gas use a long match to light the pan.
- Add the cream and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- You should have a thick and creamy delicious sauce for those steaks!.