Homemade mayonnaise. • Why You Should Make Mayonnaise At Home. I've used this mayonnaise recipe more times than I can count. If you've never tried homemade mayonnaise, then you are in for a treat.
Why make mayonnaise at home when you can buy it at the store? And most of my ingredients are organic, though the choice is yours. So what's in my mayonnaise recipe? You can have Homemade mayonnaise using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade mayonnaise
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of vinegar/ lemon juice.
Making homemade mayonnaise is easy, and it tastes better than most store-bought versions. In addition, you can choose to include only healthy ingredients in your mayo. Mayonnaise has become so over-processed that most of us can't Homemade mayonnaise is tastier, healthier, and more rewarding than store-bought mayonnaise. Homemade mayonnaise is also so much lighter and creamier in consistency than jarred mayonnaise, and we think ours is perfectly flavored with a hint of Dijon mustard, sugar and lemon.
Homemade mayonnaise step by step
- In a blender, put 1/4 cup oil,egg, ginger, garlic, and salt..
- Blend thoroughly, for about 30 seconds, until combined and pale yellow in color..
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the remaining oil until the mixture is emulsified and thick. Adding the oil slowly makes for a creamier mayonnaise. The total pouring time to aim for should be 60-90 seconds..
- With the blender still running, add vinegar/lemon juice, and mix briefly, for only about 5-10 seconds, until incorporated..
- The mayonnaise is now ready to be used..
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days ENJOY 🌹.
This homemade mayonnaise recipe is surprisingly easy. In five minutes you can have creamy, flavorful mayo for sandwiches, pasta and potato salads, and more! Homemade mayonnaise can be flavored in many ways and is so much better than store-bought! I think that learning how to make homemade mayonnaise is a cooking skill that everyone should learn. An easy recipe for Homemade Mayonnaise – so much better than anything store-bought!