Delicious Gyoza Dumplings: Fried, Steamed, or Boiled!.
You can have Delicious Gyoza Dumplings: Fried, Steamed, or Boiled! using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Gyoza Dumplings: Fried, Steamed, or Boiled!
- You need 200 grams of Ground pork.
- It’s 300 grams of Chinese cabbage (or cabbage).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped green onion.
- You need 1 dash of less than 1 teaspoon Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Miso.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 dash of Sansho pepper (optional).
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
Delicious Gyoza Dumplings: Fried, Steamed, or Boiled! step by step
- Quickly boil the Chinese cabbage. (You can steam it in the microwave instead.) Put the cooked cabbage in cold water, squeeze out the water and chop it up roughly. Put all of the other ingredients and seasonings into a bowl and mix well..
- Be sure you've squeezed out all the water from the Chinese cabbage! Add it to the bowl from Step 1 and mix well to make the filling. Fill the gyoza skins with the filling. You can make about 40 to 50 dumplings..
- Heat up some vegetable oil in a frying pan, arrange the gyoza in the pan and cook them. When the gyoza are halfway cooked, add in enough water to cover the bottom half of each gyoza. Cover with a lid and steam fry. Take the lid off and continue to cook until the moisture evaporates..
- Or do it the way they showed on a TV cooking program called Danshi Gohan: Put some katakuriko on the bottom of the gyoza before putting them in the oil and then move them around in the oil. Once they start to dry out, add 1/2 cup of water..
- Cover with a lid and steam fry them. Cook on low heat to cook down the liquid. Take the lid off and once the moisture has evaporated, it's done! Or so I have been told..