Eggplant Pasta Parmigiana Lasagna Puffs. This lasagna recipe replaces the traditional pasta with eggplant slices and adds layers of seasoned ground beef. The preparation of the eggplant makes all the difference. I've tried other eggplant lasagna recipes, and they were disappointing.
The beauty of fresh pasta is that it cooks in lasagna without your having to parboil the noodles first. Here, eggplant imparts a meatiness that makes it a substantial vegetarian entree. Spread the remaining tomato sauce on top and fold in the parchment to cover the lasagna. You can cook Eggplant Pasta Parmigiana Lasagna Puffs using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Pasta Parmigiana Lasagna Puffs
- You need of For the Eggplant parmigiana pasta :.
- Prepare 2 cups of Fusilli cooked al dente (follow packet instructions).
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Onion big finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Eggplant medium diced into small cubes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garlic minced.
- It’s 1 cup of Marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese cubes as preferred.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasonings.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika powder.
- It’s of For the homemade puff pastry sheets :.
- You need 500gm of Wheat Flour (sifted).
- You need As needed of Qheat flour for dusting.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- It’s 250 ml of Cold Water or as required to knead dough.
- It’s 300 grams of Margarine.
- It’s 70 grams of Soft unsalted butter.
- It’s of Other Ingredients :.
- It’s 10 of Lasagna sheets cooked as per packet instructions).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese or as preferred.
- You need as needed of Butter extra for greasing if required.
Parmesan Eggplant. recipe_terms: Parchment Pasta Sauce. dietary_notes Eggplant Parmigiana Pasta Bake. This rich tasting Eggplant Parmesan Recipe has a similarity with lasagna in terms of preparation (i.e. layering and baking), although Eggplant Parmesan does not use any type of pasta and meat. The absence of meat makes this dish vegetarian friendly, as long as the cheese that you will use does not. · Easy Eggplant Lasagna is a tasty alternative to the carb-filled pasta version! Lasagna with eggplant recipe is made extra tasty by roasting the eggplant · Eggplant Parmigiana is perhaps one of Italy's best-known exports-and rightfully so.
Eggplant Pasta Parmigiana Lasagna Puffs step by step
- Starting with the puff pastry dough, take the sieved wheat four in a wide container or counter. Add salt. Mix all together..
- Make a well in the center and add 60 grams soft unsalted butter and mix thoroughly with your fingers until dough looks crumbly..
- Start adding cold water gradually while kneading to a stiff dough. Grease your palms with little butter and knead the dough until a smooth texture. Cover the dough with a cling wrap and refrigerate the dough for 4 hours..
- Take the dough out after 4 hours, unwrap, bring the dough to a counter space. Sprinkle and dust the counter with flour. Start rolling the dough into a thin sheet. Spread 1/4 cup margarine evenly on the sheet..
- Fold the dough like a book. First left side to center and then ride side end to center on top of the left one. Wrap this folded dough again with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes..
- Take the dough out, unwrap, roll again into a rectangular sheet. Spread another 1/4 cup margarine evenly. Now start folding over the ends to make another 3 layers. Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for another 15 minutes..
- Likewise repeat this rolling, folding, refrigerating for another 3 times to get layers. Totally 6 times. Every time dust the work counter with flour before rolling the dough. Finally take the rectangular layered dough out from the refrigerator. Puff Pastry dough Roll the dough into a rectangular large sheet. Cut into equal pastry puff sheets. Place a butter paper in between before storing in fridge..
- If using immediately, let the sheets cool down completely. Then proceed. Coming to our lasagna puff, let’s prepare the eggplant pasta parmigiana. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1/2 minutes until aromat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent..
- Add the eggplant and sauté until par-cooked. Add the marinara sauce. Mix the sauce in the oil and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and paprika. Add in the Italian seasonings as preferred..
- Add in the boiled fusilli pasta. Toss and mix all together until well combined and pasta looks glossy and sauce coated. The pasta shouldn’t be watery as we gonna use it as a filling. Add the Parmesan cubes and toss quickly in the heat until cheese melts and the pasta looks cheesy. Try breaking the fusili but don’t mash completely. Remove from the heat and cool the mixture..
- Now get ready with the lasagna sheets, puff pastry sheets, pasta parmigiana filling. Now roll the pastry sheets gently once to level the surface and size. Place one full lasagna sheet on top. I didn’t cut my long sheets. Lasagna sheet is longer than the puff sheets. I filled one side and used the rest to wrap and seal. Sprinkle cheddar cheese at the center of the sheet that is on the pastry sheet. Now place the eggplant pasta parmigiana filling on the cheese layer..
- Now bring the lasagna sheet from up to down and seal the sides and roll into pockets. Roll as much as possible so that pasta doesn’t come out. Now bring one side of the puff sheet to another and seal the puff sheet gently. Similarly repeat steps for other puffs. Grease a butter sheet with butter. Place the puff on the greased butter sheet..
- Put them on a baking tray. Brush puffs with melted butter. Bake in a preheated cooker / oven until golden and slight Brown. I baked in a idly cooker. Preheating time 20 minutes in medium and baking time 30 minutes in medium. Eggplant Pasta Parmigiana Lasagna puffs are ready. Serve hot. Enjoy !.
- My Tip: These puff pastry sheets could be frozen which stays good for three months. Just thaw them slightly / bring to room temperature completely before use. Adjust salt as pasta and lasagna needs salt while boiling in the first place..
It's a satisfying, hearty vegetable dish made of deep-fried or. Fried eggplant is layered with homemade red sauce and two types of cheese—mozzarella and Pecorino Romano—in this family recipe from SAVEUR A specialty of southern Italian kitchens, eggplant parmigiana can be made more weeknight-efficient by breaking the steps into stages. This eggplant Parmesan is layered and baked in the slow cooker. The eggplant is first coated with crumbs and sautéed. This cooking method is a good alternative to the oven.