Meltingly Soft Kakuni-don: Simmered Pork Belly Rice Bowl!.
You can have Meltingly Soft Kakuni-don: Simmered Pork Belly Rice Bowl! using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meltingly Soft Kakuni-don: Simmered Pork Belly Rice Bowl!
- Prepare 600 of to 700 grams or so Pork belly (block).
- You need 5 of Eggs.
- You need 1 stalk of Japanese leek.
- You need 3 of stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- You need 300 ml of The water used to boil the pork.
- It’s 80 ml of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
Meltingly Soft Kakuni-don: Simmered Pork Belly Rice Bowl! instructions
- Start by parboiling the pork belly. Put plenty of water and the leeks into a pot. When the water is around 60°C, put the meat in and boil for about 10 minutes..
- Once the parboiling is done, start the main boil. Wash the surface of the pork belly with water, put into a pot and add lots of fresh water. Bring to a boil, and then simmer over low heat for 3 hours..
- Combine the marinade ingredients and bring to a boil. Put the boiled pork into the marinade. The meat is very tender, so handle it with care..
- Make the soft boiled eggs while the pork is simmering. Open a small hole in the end of each egg with a push pin, and put the eggs in boiling water. Boil for 7 minutes, and then put the eggs in cold water..
- Simmer the pork for about 15 minutes while spooning the simmering liquid over it, then turn off the heat. When it has cooled down a little, add the peeled boiled eggs to flavor them..
- Leave overnight if possible, or at least 3 hours. Take the pork belly out and slice about 4 to 5 mm thick..
- Put the sliced pork belly and simmering liquid in a heatproof dish, and steam it in a bamboo steamer, for about an hour. If you are in a hurry just heat it up in the microwave instead..
- Open the lid occasionally and spoon the liquid over the pork..
- While the pork is steaming, chop some leek and soak in cold water for a while to get rid of the harshness. Drain well..
- When the pork has finished steaming, transfer the simmering liquid to another pan and thicken it with katakuriko dissolved in water to make the sauce..
- Put some rice in a large bowl, top with the pork belly, add the egg and leek, pour over some of the sauce from Step 10, and serve..
- Use the soup from Step 2 to make a delicious egg drop soup..