Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese Lighten up traditional macaroni and cheese with a simple pasta swap – cauliflower! Add rich flavor using a mix of garlic powder, mustard powder and smoked paprika. Cheesy, buttery and topped with a blanket of panko crumbs, this dish will earn you a round of applause any night of the week. You can cook Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare of bacon.
- Prepare of large head of cauliflower.
- Prepare of dried macaroni.
- It’s of Olive oil as required.
- It’s of cheddar cheese.
- It’s of thick slices of bread.
- You need of Large spring of fresh rosemary.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of creme fraiche.
- It’s of Salt and peper.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Keep the macaroni, keep the sauce, but substitute half the macaroni for cauliflower – that's my recipe – this cauliflower mac and cheese. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add cauliflower and cheese sauce to cooked macaroni; stir gently to combine. In a small bowl combine the next three ingredients (through thyme).
Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- Fill the kettle with water and bring to a boil..
- Preheat the oven on 220 C.
- Lay the bacon in the dish and put on the top shelf of the oven to pre cook.
- Trim off any coarse of spoiled outer leaves from the cauliflower and remove the tough end of the stalk..
- Quarter the head and break it up into large pieces. Place in a large saucepan, stalks downwards and add the macaroni..
- Pour over boiling water to cover the ingredients, season, add a little olive oil and place on a high heat. Stir well until it reboils and cook with the lid a jar..
- Grated the cheddar cheese and tip into a bowl. add the creme fraiche and crushed garlic..
- Remove the bacon from the oven. Using food presessor process well with the bread and rosemary leaves..
- Add a good drizzle of olive oil to bind the ingredients..
- When the cauliflower and the pasta is just cooked, reserving the cooking water. Drain it all through a colander into a large bowl..
- Tip the pasta mixture into the dish, add about 400 ml of reserved cooking water. Stir in the creme fraiche and cheese mixture. breaking the cauliflower with a potato mashed until you have bite sized pieces..
- Season. The sauce should be loose and if necessary add another splash of the reserved cooking water..
- Spread the mixture out evenly in the dish and scatter over the breadcrumbs topping..
- Cook on the top shelf of the oven for arond 8 – 10 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the mixture bubbling..
- To serve, grate over some parmesan cheese..
Sprinkle crumb mixture over macaroni mixture. Cauliflower macaroni and cheese is essentially cooked cauliflower with rich cheese sauce. Roasted cauliflower makes a great stand-in for macaroni – hence the name. It makes delicious as a keto side dish or vegetarian keto main dish. What Does Cauliflower Mac And Cheese Taste Like?