Sweet potato bake. A fork or knife should be easily inserted into the center of the potato when it's finished baking. In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly.
A great sweet potato casserole recipe — my children insist on this every holiday! Lots of miniature marshmallows, coconut and pecans make this an extra special and yummy Thanksgiving delight. Use fresh or canned sweet potatoes. You can have Sweet potato bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato bake
- Prepare 3 cup of sweet potatoes baked & mashed.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted real butter.
- Prepare 1 of TOPPING.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of melted real butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Prepare the topping while the casserole is baking. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. What temperature to bake sweet potatoes? Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Sweet potato bake step by step
- Combine first six items.
- Pour into a buttered 2 QT baking dish..
- Mix topping ingredients together.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash. Let cool for five minutes before splitting open and topping with your favorite toppings. Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking dish and turn them so that they are coated with the olive oil.