California Roll with Raw Tuna. Great recipe for California Roll with Raw Tuna. I learned this recipe from my mother. It looks gorgeous and can be a great dish to serve to your guests.
The two most popular hosomaki are tekkamaki, tuna rolls, and kappamaki, cucumber rolls. Tekkamaki uses raw tuna which has a pretty red color against white rice. The name Tekka, "hot iron," is said to come from this color. You can have California Roll with Raw Tuna using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Roll with Raw Tuna
- You need of Toasted nori seaweed.
- It’s of Uncooked white rice.
- You need of pack Fresh sashimi grade tuna.
- You need of Avocado.
- You need of packet Crab sticks.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Kombu tea.
- You need of Mirin.
- It’s of ●Vinegar.
- You need of ● Sugar.
- Prepare of ● Salt.
You only need a little bit of fish for each roll. Combine chopped tuna, mayonnaise, green onions, and hot sauce in a bowl. Using the mat as a guide, carefully roll the California roll into a tight log. A California roll or California maki is a makizushi sushi roll that is usually rolled inside-out, and containing cucumber, crab or imitation crab, and avocado.
California Roll with Raw Tuna instructions
- Place rice and the kombu-cha in a rice cooker and fill the water up to the "2" sushi rice line, then press start. Once the rice is cooked, add the mirin and press start again. Turn off the rice cooker after two minutes. Transfer it to an oke (wooden sushi rice bowl)..
- Combine the ● ingredients and sprinkle it over the fresh cooked rice. Mix it together in a cutting motion and the sushi rice is ready..
- Place plastic wrap on a makisu (bamboo sushi mat) and place a sheet of nori seaweed on top. Thinly spread the sushi rice from Step 2 and sprinkle it with the sesame seeds..
- Leave the plastic wrap on the makisu and turn over the rice and nori..
- Place the avocado (cut into 12 wedges and use 4 of them per roll), imitation crab, mayonnaise, and tuna, in that order, on the rice..
- Roll it up and it is done..
Sometimes crab salad is substituted for the crab stick, and often the outer layer of rice in an inside-out roll is sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds or roe such as tobiko from flying fish. As one of the most popular styles of sushi in. Serving fresh sushi, noodles, and curry in a bright, modern setting. Try our Golden Dragon Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, or warm up with a hot bowl of Beef Sukiyaki! Ingredients: Spicy tuna and avocado topped with spicy scallop.