Broccolini and Beef California Rolls. Great recipe for Broccolini and Beef California Rolls. I wanted to make pretty rolls we could all enjoy for lunch, which had a touch of spring about them. So I came up with this.
Add salt to the water and add the trimmed broccolini. Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to keep the roll from holding its shape. You can have Broccolini and Beef California Rolls using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccolini and Beef California Rolls
- You need of Sushi rice.
- Prepare of Broccolini.
- It’s of Thinly sliced beef.
- You need of ◎Soy sauce.
- You need of ◎Mirin.
- It’s of ◎Sake.
- It’s of ◎Sugar.
- Prepare of sheets Nori seaweed.
- You need of White toasted sesame seeds.
Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife on a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into six equal. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Transfer rice to a bowl and cut in rice vinegar using a rice paddle or wooden spoon.
Broccolini and Beef California Rolls step by step
- Make the sushi rice with your usual seasonings. It's nice with sushi vinegar..
- Coat a frying pan with oil and fry the beef. Add the ingredients marked ◎, and fry until the liquid has evaporated. Blanch the broccolini in salted boiling water, then quickly run under cold water and drain thoroughly..
- Place the nori on your sushi mat, spread rice over it, sprinkle on some sesame seeds and cover with plastic wrap..
- Turn it over, and place the mat under the plastic wrap..
- Place the broccolini and beef on the lower third and roll away from you. Make sure you don't roll the plastic wrap as you do this..
- Slice into easy-to-eat pieces, and it's done..
Remove the browned rolls to a larger pot or deep skillet with a cover. Combine the tomatoes and tomato paste until smooth. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue to saute just until onions are tender. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.