Greek Pastitsio from left over bolognese (vegetarian).
You can have Greek Pastitsio from left over bolognese (vegetarian) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Pastitsio from left over bolognese (vegetarian)
- It’s of For the sauce.
- You need 450-500 g of left over bolognese (I used vegan mincemeat).
- It’s 1-2 teaspoon of grounded cinnamon.
- You need 5-6 clove of buds.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar (small).
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Bechamel.
- It’s 50-60 g of butter.
- It’s 50-60 g of plain flour.
- It’s 350 ml of warm milk.
- You need of Salt pepper nutmeg (to taste).
- It’s of Extra.
- You need 250 g of bucatini pasta (I only had macaroni at home so used that).
- You need 40-50 g of grated cheese (or more or less depends on the taste).
Greek Pastitsio from left over bolognese (vegetarian) step by step
- Reheat the bolognese with the spices, sugar and let it simmer for about 10-15 min until is hot and the spices released the taste..
- Prepare the bechamel. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour. Fry them together until starts to smell like a toast. Gradually add the milk, bit by bit. This is a slow process. Use the whisk to make sure the sauce doesn’t become lumpy. When added all the milk add the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook it for 4-5 more minutes..
- Cook the pasta meanwhile. Drain it a couple minutes before it is properly cooked..
- Using a 25x 25 cm dish, start to layer your dish like a lasagne. Little bolognese sauce on the bottom, pasta, bolognese sauce, pasta bolognese sauce and on the top the bechamel and finish it with the grated cheese..
- Bake it in the oven in 180C fan until the top is golden brown. About 25min..