Japanese-Style California Roll. Japanese-Style California Roll I was getting tired of the same old rolled sushi, so I made this recipe. There's a lot more filling than I thought, so adjust as you like when making it. You might have to change how you make it according to the size of your sushi rolling mat.
The California roll was created in the United States and reverse imported into Japan. How to Make California Roll Sushi This is the traditional way to roll any type of rolled sushi, which is called maki sushi. There are actually two options for this method: rolling with the sushi rice on top of the sheet of nori, as we do here; or with the nori flipped over so the rice ends up on the outside of the finished roll (uramaki sushi). You can have Japanese-Style California Roll using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese-Style California Roll
- You need 500 grams of Plain cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 bag of Chirashi sushi Base (with gomoku).
- You need 40 grams of Avocado.
- It’s 40 grams of Imitation crab sticks.
- It’s 40 grams of Processed cheese (sliced is okay).
- Prepare 80 grams of Salmon.
- You need 40 grams of Salad greens (lettuce, spinach, etc).
- You need 1 1/3 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of White toasted sesame seeds.
- You need 1 1/3 of sheets Toasted nori seaweed.
Spicy Tuna Roll– Sushi grade raw tuna, minced and mixed with a small amounts of mayonnaise, oriental style hot sauce and sesame oil and served with radish sprouts. California Roll– Imitation crab meat, mayonnaise and avocado. Chef Thomas Reese will show you how to make a California roll at home. Love California roll sushi, but don't have the nori or rolling mat?
Japanese-Style California Roll instructions
- Cook the rice a little firmer than usual, then mix with the chirashi sushi base while still hot. Cool with a hand fan until it shines..
- Remove the avocado pit, then slice vertically into 8 slices. Slice the crab sticks into half vertically diagonally. Cut the salmon diagonally. Break up the cheese into large chunks..
- Line the sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap, then top with the toasted nori sheets. Put 2/3 of the rice from 1 on top and spread it out so that surface is flat. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Top with plastic wrap, then flip the whole thing over..
- Remove the sushi mat and plastic wrap to expose the nori. Top with the remaining rice, then top with the fillings on the side closest to you, and top that with the mayonnaise..
- Put 4 on top of the sushi rolling mat, then wrap tightly. Remove the plastic wrap and cut into 6 pieces..
Try this simple and fast rice salad. It's easy to swap out ingredients to make it to your liking. Try avocado, ahi tuna, smoked fish, or even strips of salami to customize the recipe. Serve sushi with soy sauce, wasabi paste, and pickled ginger. Futomaki is a thick roll like the one we are making in the photos above with a selection of ingredients inside.