Carrot beans poriyal. Carrot and Beans Poriyal is a classic South Indian preparation of the mixed stir fried vegetables. Steamed carrots and beans are seasoned with mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. To add more flavor to the Poriyal, it can be garnished with grated coconut.
Peel of the carrot skin and wash both carrot and beans. Chop them into small pieces as per your preference. Heat a kadai and temper with the items given under 'To temper' table. You can have Carrot beans poriyal using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot beans poriyal
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrot.
- You need 1 cup of chopped beans.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chana dal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Curry leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated coconut.
Add finely chopped onion and fry for a minute or until transparent. Carrot-Beans Poriyal Recipe is a chunky recipe which is a popular South Indian style yummy and delicious dish. The combination of this twosome will always rock in Indian cuisine. We can prepare n number of recipes with this twosome & today I have tried one of the recipes.
Carrot beans poriyal instructions
- Take a pan heat oil.. once oil is hot add mustard seed. Once mustard is done add chana dal, curry leaves and asafoetida..
- Wait till the chana dal turns light brown colour. Add carrot and beans to it. Sprinkle water(do not pour it).
- Cook in medium flame. Both the vegetables will be cooked in 15 min.
- Once done add coconut to it..
- It's good to have with sambar rice and rasam..
This combo will be mouthwatering and as an attractive one. Carrot Beans Poriyal (stir fry) also known as Thoran in Kerala is a very simple side dish that's served along with rice for lunch. While the poriyal is served as a accompaniment in some wedding lunches in Tamilnadu, the carrot beans thoran finds a place in the Onam Sadhya in neighboring Kerala. Carrot Beans Poriyal is a healthy stir-fy. Finely chopped green beans and carrots are cooked with spices, coconut and finally tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves.