K's Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam. K's Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam Jero Anne Philippines. Kimchi fried rice with spam is a delicious way to use up leftover ripe kimchi and day old rice. Add fried spam and a fried egg to take this to another level!
Add Spam and cook, tossing and stirring frequently, until well browned and starting to crisp. Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam is a dish that is made with leftovers and spicy Korean condiments like Kimchi pickled cabbage and Gochujang spicy paste. The dish starts with classic Filipino sinangag (garlic rice) stir-fried with fiery ingredients and savory Spam slices. You can have K's Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of K's Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam
- You need of leftover rice.
- It’s of Original Korean Kimchi (I used from Doti's Kimchi).
- You need of SPAM Lite.
- It’s of Quickmelt Cheese, grated.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Serve this for brunch or any meal of the day. Kimchi Fried Rice Musubi Kimchi and rice are stir fried in a hot pepper paste and topped with slices of SPAM® Classic and cucumber in this deeply delicious musubi masterpiece. Sure, the Mona Lisa is nice, but have you ever seen something as beautiful and savory as this recipe? How To Make Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice Heat up a large Wok on Medium to High heat.
K's Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam step by step
- Cut the SPAM into cubes. Add 1 table spoon of cooking oil in the frypan and cooked the sliced SPAM until golden brown and set aside..
- Chop 1 cloves of garlic. Using the frypan you used earlier, add another 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and heat the pan for about 1-2mins..
- Saute the garlic in the frypan until medium brown then add the cooked SPAM..
- Add the 4 cups of rice in the pan and continuously saute for about 2-3 minutes..
- Add your store-bought Kimchi in the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute until the fried rice and kimchi mixed perfectly..
- Once mixed, turn off the stove then add the grated quickmelt cheese on top of the mixed rice and cover the pan. Let it sit down for 5 minutes..
- Your K's Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam is now ready! Enjoy!.
Add the cooking oil (I used avocado oil) and spread it around to properly coat the Wok. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds, then add the cubed Spam. Add Spam, and cook until sauce is nearly dried. I cook the Spam until it's crisp, then add chopped onions and the chopped kimchi, stir-frying it all together until the onions are softened and the kimchi is just starting to brown a bit around the edges. I then transfer everything to a bowl to empty out the wok.