Leftover Ham Fried Rice. After cooking the rice, add the ham, eggs, and green onions to the rice. Cook the rice for about another two minutes. Add the ham, eggs, and the peas and carrot blend to the oil.
Leftover Ham Fried Rice Minda San Pablo, CA. Recreate Leftovers into a totally different meal with this simple Fried Rice with Ham. Rice is fried in a hot skillet along with coconut oil and sesame oil, then mixed with onions, fresh ginger, peas, edamame, eggs, soy sauce and plenty of ham. You can have Leftover Ham Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Ham Fried Rice
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of avocado oil.
- It’s of leftover ham.
- You need of bell pepper diced.
- It’s of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- You need of cooked rice.
- You need of eggs beaten (depending on size of eggs).
- You need of Salt to taste.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful morning? I finally used up all of the leftover ham from Easter. Fried rice is a super popular and common dinner around here. It's so fast, so easy, and a great way to use up leftovers.
Leftover Ham Fried Rice instructions
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large nonstick pan and heat it over medium-high heat until hot. Add the ham and cook stirring occasionally, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper & green onion. Stir a few times to mix well, then transfer everything to a plate and set aside. (I used yellow bell pepper but any color would do).
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and the garlic into the skillet. Stir a few times to release the fragrance. Add the rice and spread it out with your spatula. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is lightly toasted..
- Move the rice to one side of the pan and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the other side of the skillet. Add the beaten eggs onto the oil. Let it cook until the bottom sets, 30 seconds. Scramble a few times until most of the eggs are cooked but some parts are still runny. Mix the rice into the egg, chopping and stirring to mix everything together..
- Move the rice to the edge of the pan to make a well in the center. Pour the soy sauce into the center. Let it cook for a few seconds to evaporate the liquid. Stir everything together until the rice is evenly coated with the seasonings. Let it cook, stirring occasionally, until the moisture is cooked off..
- Add the cooked ham mixture back into the pan. Stir everything together. Taste the rice. Add a pinch of salt and mix again, if needed..
- Serve hot as a main dish..
I don't know about you, but that pretty much checks all the necessary dinner boxes for our lives lately! This is my go-to recipe for easy ham fried rice. Using this leftover sweet baked ham makes it next-level delicious. Cold rice is fried in a hot skillet along with soy sauce and sesame oil, then mixed with peas and corn, plenty of ham, tender eggs, and a generous handful of mushrooms to make this Ham Fried Rice. It's easy to make, a great use for leftover ham and, most importantly, completely and utterly delicious.