Baked Mac and Cheese. Needless to say, with a nickname like Cheese, her Baked Mac and Cheese is definitely the best around. This classic baked macaroni and cheese recipe is easy and delicious. Cheese, butter, milk, and eggs join macaroni noodles in a quick casserole.
While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and mustard and. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. You can cook Baked Mac and Cheese using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Mac and Cheese
- Prepare of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Colby cheese.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Onion salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Optional which I did this time.
- It’s of ground beef.
- Prepare of Freshly minced ginger.
- It’s of Diced onion.
- Prepare of French's fried onions gives a bit of crunch to the creamy.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. We suggest steering clear of long, thin, perfect-for-twirling varieties like spaghetti, fettuccini, and linguini. Choose a pasta with a good shape and plenty of nooks for capturing pockets of cheese like shells, cavatappi, or our no-fail elbow macaroni. This baked mac and cheese is a family favorite recipe, loved by both children and adults.
Baked Mac and Cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta as directed about 9 minutes and put in a bowl.
- Brown meat adding in ginger and onion then drain and add to the bowl macaroni is in and mix them together.
- In a pot melt butter and mix in flour to make a roux.
- Add milk slowly when it starts to thicken add 3/4 of the cheese.
- Add sugar and both salts.
- Put pasta mix in a baking dish and pour cheese sauce over pasta and top with remaining cheese and fried onions if you like.
- Bake at for 30 minutes and dinner is ready😀.
It uses a combination of cheeses, layered in the dish as well as melted into a rich and creamy cheese sauce, for the ultimate in cheesy deliciousness! Perfect for a comforting dinner or as a holiday side dish! Looking for other comfort food dishes? Cook macaroni in boiling water according to directions. In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.