You can have Yakitori Don using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yakitori Don
- You need 300 g of Chicken Fillets *Today I used Thigh Fillets.
- You need of Salt & White Pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sake (Rice Wine).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated Ginger OR Garlic *optional.
- Prepare 4 of thick Spring Onions *use white & lighter colour parts, cut 3cm in length.
- It’s 2 of servings Freshly Cooked Rice.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- Prepare of Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix).
- You need of <‘Tare’ Sauce>.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
Yakitori Don step by step
- Cut Chicken into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Add Sake, Salt and Pepper, massage and set aside for 10 minutes. You may wish to add some grated Ginger OR Garlic..
- In a small bowl, combine ‘Tare’ Sauce ingredients..
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium to low heat, place Chicken and Spring Onion, and cook for 5 minutes (2-3 minutes for Breast Fillet), and DO NOT stir..
- Once the bottom is brown, turn them over and cook 5 minutes (2-3 minutes for Breast Fillet), again DO NOT stir..
- When Chicken is cooked, pour the ‘Tare’ Sauce over and combine, and that’s it!.
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with Chicken and Spring Onion, and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and enjoy..