Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo.
You can cook Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo
- Prepare 4 of big tomatoes / 5 small ones.
- You need 200/250 ml. of Water.
- It’s 100 ml. of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic cloves.
- You need to taste of Salt and Oregano.
- You need of Third part of a loaf of bread, from the morning, left outside for it to be hardened.
- You need of Toppings (Optional).
- Prepare Half of boiled egg, chopped.
- You need 50 g of Jamón Serrano, chopped (Prosciutto will do also).
Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo step by step
- On a pot, put the bread with the water for it to get soaked, we need it to be soft..
- While the bread is getting ready, we’ll Peeloff the tomatoes to avoid those small pieces after blending. (If you’re short of time you can skip this step, will be just as delicious, just blend a little bit more).
- I like to blend the whole tomato separately to avoid loosing the water inside of it, but just cutting them is also ok..
- Put the tomatoes, oil, spices and two pilled garlic cloves on the pot with the bread, then blend it till you have a beautiful texture..
- Serve it and spark the top of it with some chopped boiled egg and jamón ibérico or prosciutto, and enjoy..