Quinoa pulao..high protein breakfast. High-Protein Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I got the idea for this breakfast on Saturday after I made myself a hot bowl of steel cut oats with egg whites. I figured I could prepare quinoa in a similar way and make a delicious hot breakfast cereal that would keep me full for.
It cooks in the same way as rice and can often be. Try these delicious, vegan high-protein quinoa salads and bowls from the Food Monster App! It may seem weird to eat quinoa in the morning but it actually makes a great breakfast. You can cook Quinoa pulao..high protein breakfast using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa pulao..high protein breakfast
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 of carrots (chopped).
- You need 6/7 of nos French beans (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of small sized onion (sliced).
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of green bengal Grams.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 of egg for sunny side up.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of clarified butter.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
Quinoa is an excellent source of plant-based protein. It has all essential amino acids. Quinoa is high in many plant compounds, especially antioxidants. Some of the undesirable plant compounds can be eliminated by soaking, washing, or roasting prior to cooking.
Quinoa pulao..high protein breakfast step by step
- Soak quinoa for half an hour and wash properly.Washing properly is a necessary step because quinoa is little bitter in taste.Chop all the vegetables as shown in the picture..
- In a hot fry pan add oil,in hot oil add cumin seeds and let them crackle.Add onion and fry till translucent.Now add in all the chopped vegetables I.e carrots,French beans,green grams,green peas (you can choose any vegetables of your choice)..now fry for 4 to 5 minutes…
- Add soaked quinoa and mix them well with vegetables..keep stirring them adding one tablespoon clarified butter for 5 minutes.Add one and half cup of water..
- Close the lid and cook for 20/25 minutes in low medium flame or unless the quinoa is cooked properly..you will see those little tails are coming out of quinoa..when it’s cooked properly turn off the burner..have your gluten free highly protein rich quinoa with sunny side up and salad..you can also fry some papad and have them with quinoa…
- Enjoy quinoa hot and with this combination..you will be in love with this dish.Very healthy and yummy.Good option for diabetic patients…
Quinoa packs more nutrients than most other grains and is relatively high in quality protein. This Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is packed with mocha protein powder and has been one of my new go to ways to start my day. This quinoa breakfast bowl is super filling, vegan, gluten free, and so easy to make! Plus, I honestly don't know a better way to start the day than with chocolate and coffee, do you? Oatmeal on its own isn't the best grain if you're trying to fill up on protein.