Roasted beetroot hummus. Isn't the colour of this hummus amazing?! The roasted beets add a sweet earthiness to the hummus. It's not an over powering beet flavour.
Amongst the many international cuisines that I try, I love Middle Eastern for its simplicity, taste and health benefits. Hummus has always been a popular dish in my family, I grew up with it. Everyone made it a little Hummus has to be one of the most well known, most popular dips/mezes ever. You can have Roasted beetroot hummus using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted beetroot hummus
- It’s of chickpeas,drained and rinsed.
- You need of medium sized beetroots.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, adjust to your preference.
- It’s of quality tahini (peanut butter can be used as substitute).
- Prepare of salt, more to taste.
- You need of cumin (optional).
- It’s of zest and juice from 1 medium lemon.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional).
A quick and easy Beetroot Hummus & Roast Veg Buddha Bowl recipe, from our authentic Fusion cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. This Beet Hummus is made with a classic hummus base, roasted fresh beetroot and crumbled feta for a creamy finish. Say hello to your new favourite hummus variation!
Roasted beetroot hummus instructions
- To cook your own beetroots, you could bake or boil them. I like to bake mine. To bake the beets, cut off any tops and wash or scrub the root clean. You don’t need to peel beetroot before baking. Wrap beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and place in a 375°F/190°C preheated oven until cooked through and very tender. This can take 60 minutes or longer, depending on their size. Let cool slightly, then peel and slice into thick slices..
- Place the beetroots, chickpeas and garlic into a food processor and process for 1 minute until ground. Add all the remaining ingredients and process until creamy. It should have some grainy texture, that's ok. If it's dry or you want to thin it out and make it more creamy, add more tahini or water, until you like the consistency..
- Adjust seasonings, adding more salt, cumin, olive oil, or lemon juice if needed. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top for garnishing..
- Refrigerate or use immediately. I like to serve it at room temperature..
- Beetroot hummus can be stored in the fridge, for 4-5 days..
Roasted Beet Hummus is always a hit with its vibrant color. Besides regular hummus ingredients, this one has roasted beets. Everything blended together in a minute. beetroot hummus,Beets,Chickpeas,Healthy Dip,healthy hummus recipe,healthy recipe,Healthy Snack,heavenlynn healthy,roasted beets,tahini Especially, if it's Roasted Beetroot Hummus! Roasted beets are a year-round, must-eat staple in the house. Beets are filled with good-for-you nutrients and Roasted Beetroot Hummus.