Low fat cornbread. Delicious cornbread that won't clog your arteries. I've adopted this recipe as it didn't have a loving owner. We love cornbread, but a lot of recipes are either too dry or too high in fat for my liking.
This cornbread recipe contains no oil and tastes very, very good. Serve warm with honey, butter or Excellent cornbread! Occasionally, Mom whips up a batch of cornbread while the soup cooks. You can have Low fat cornbread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low fat cornbread
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of cornmeal (I used coarsest ground “polenta).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 cup of fat free milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
It's also usually full of oil and sugar with really no nutritional value to recommend it. Some of the low-fat vegan cornbread recipes produce a product that is too dry. Low-Fat Cornbread is an avid fanfiction reader and an active particpant in the world of fandom. I am the almighty Low-Fat Cornbread.
Low fat cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 F (conventional oven)..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Add wet ingredients and mix..
- Pour into 9×9 inch baking dish. Here I used a smaller loaf pan because I did a half recipe..
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in cornbread comes out clean..
Low fat version of TJ's cornbread Low fat version of TJ's cornbread. Foods low in fat, for example, will cluster along the bottom edge of the pyramid, ranging from foods that are high in carbohydrates (at the left edge) to foods that are high in protein (at the right edge). We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Red lentil soup with low-fat cornbread. If you're not watching your fat intake, serve the warm cornbread with butter or.