Karnataka Style Chicken Curry With Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas.
You can cook Karnataka Style Chicken Curry With Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Karnataka Style Chicken Curry With Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas
- Prepare 1 kg of Chicken (Bone-in).
- It’s 1 Cup of Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas.
- It’s 3 of Medium onions (Finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of Large tomato (Finely chopped).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Fresh coconut (Grated).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Poppy seeds.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Roasted black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 10 of Curry leaves.
- It’s 12 Cloves of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 Inch of Ginger (chopped).
- You need 4 of Green chilies (slit).
- Prepare 1 Inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 4 of Cloves.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- You need 4 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of desi ghee.
- You need of As per taste Salt.
Karnataka Style Chicken Curry With Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas step by step
- Soak the Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas in boiling hot water for an hour. Keep covered..
- Pressure cook the Kabuli Chana/Chickpeas with 2 teaspoons Salt for 15 minutes on high. Let the pressure release on it’s own. Set aside..
- Dry roast the Poppy Seeds over medium-low heat. Once the poppy seeds are roasted, add in the cloves, cinnamon and roast them well. Turn off the heat and set it aside..
- Heat 2 Tablespoons Oil in a large Nonstick Skillet. Sauté the Onions until golden followed by the Ginger & Garlic Paste..
- Add the grated coconut and sauté until it turns light brown. Add the chopped tomatoes. Cook until mushy. Turn off the heat..
- Grind the roasted spices to a powder in a small Dry Grinder Jar. Combine it with the wet mixture, grind to a smooth paste along with some water. Set aside..
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the same Skillet. Tip in the bay leaves & the star anise..
- Roast the chicken for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, green chilies and curry leaves..
- After 5 minutes of roasting the chicken, add the ground masala (onion coconut & spices paste) and give it a stir..
- Check the seasoning and add boiled kabuli chana..
- Cook covered over low heat until the chicken is tender..
- Add 1 tablespoon desi ghee and garnish with curry leaves..
- Serve with hot Ghee Rice or Kerala Parota..