Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup.
You can cook Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 1 of Whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 of Bushel of celery.
- It’s 1 bag of of carrots.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 carton of of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 jar of of chicken soup base.
- It’s 1 of Bushel of cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Pepper.
- It’s 1 packages of of reames egg noodles OR follow homemade noodle recipe.
- You need of noodles.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- You need 2 cup of of flower.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of of water.
Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- Fill large stew pot halfway with water..
- Boil whole chicken and remove.
- Add carton of chicken stock to water chicken was boiled in..
- De-skin chicken and remove desired meat from frame, shred into pieces and place in water..
- Chop onion, celery, and carrots. Add to pot. Add pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Simmer until veggies are tender..
- Add soup base to desired flavor..
- Add reames egg noodles and simmer until tender OR follow homemade noodle directions..
- HOMEMADE NOODLES.
- Mix wet ingredients in large bowl.
- Add flour. You may have to add more than 2 cups..
- Knead until a soft but still sticky dough forms. Dust with flour and sprinkle oil on cutting board or counter.
- Roll dough out into a large rectangle. Cut into strips. Noodle sized. Drop immediately into boiling soup and simmer until noodles float..
- Let simmer on low for 5 hours and it is soooooooo good!.