Waldorf Salad. A Waldorf salad is a fruit and nut salad generally made of fresh apples, celery, walnuts, and grapes, dressed in mayonnaise, and traditionally served on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer or a light meal. Waldorf Salad is a favorite around here, particularly in the fall when apples and walnuts are in season. It's especially popular around the holidays, gracing many a Thanksgiving and holiday spread.
The original Waldorf salad recipe had only four simple ingredients: apples, celery, mayonnaise, and lettuce. Meet the classic Waldorf Salad from Delish.com. Waldorf salad is a fan favorite that has earned its place on every lunch menu. You can cook Waldorf Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Waldorf Salad
- It’s of Fat-free yogurt.
- It’s of Juice of ½ lemon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of classic smooth mustard, no grains.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cane sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon.
- Prepare of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- You need 2 of tart apples cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of small raisins.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 head of lettuce.
This fruity concoction was first made in Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York over a century ago and since then has become a. This Waldorf salad might be one of the most classic salads ever! We love this traditional Waldorf Salad recipe made with crisp apples, grapes, celery and walnuts in a creamy dressing on Boston Bib lettuce. Preparation Combine celery, apples, walnuts, and grapes in a medium bowl.
Waldorf Salad instructions
- Prepare the dressing by putting all the ingredients into a bowl (fat-free yogurt, juice of half a lemon, mustard, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, panela and a pinch of salt). Mix them all together with a whisk..
- In a pan, add the tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. When hot, brown the chicken breast on both sides until it is cooked through. Allow to cool and then cut into cubes..
- In a bowl, combine the raisins, walnuts, celery, apple and chicken and drizzle with the yogurt dressing. Mix and set aside..
- To serve, place a bed of lettuce into a salad bowl and top it with the Waldorf salad..
This is the original Waldorf Salad recipe which I clipped out of the newspaper several years ago. My mother made this salad often–it must have been a favorite of hers also. Look for vegetables that are firm and bright in color – avoid those that. Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted Have you ever tried Chicken Waldorf Salad? It is so scrumptious, easy, quick to come together and fancy.