Fried banana (Indonesia favorite food). PISANG GORENG IN INDONESIA Pisang goreng (Indonesian fried banana) is a popular street-food option in Indonesia. All around the city, such as bus/train stations, major tourist destinations, and schools and universities, you'll often see Indonesian traditional pushcarts equipped with gas stove. Peel the bananas, slice thickly on an angle, then place in the bowl with the coconut and toss to coat well on all sides.
Once deep-fried, the batter turns crispy, while the banana is of course, sweet and tender. It sounds so easy, because it is, and yet this humble pisang goreng is a masterpiece despite its simplicity. I'm really happy to introduce you a meal/snack/food of Indonesia. You can cook Fried banana (Indonesia favorite food) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried banana (Indonesia favorite food)
- You need 250 grams of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 150 grams of rice flour.
- It’s 800 grams of banana.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
This one is called Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana). We usually eat Pisang Goreng in the morning as our breakfast. (But, you have to know that most of us eat rice as breakfast. Fried Banana or Pisang Goreng is very popular in Indonesia. It can be eaten as a dessert or a light snack to company your tea time break.
Fried banana (Indonesia favorite food) step by step
- Cut bananas into square small pieces (1cm).
- Mix all flour + turmeric + salt + palm sugar + water and stir until mixture like chunky pancake mix.
- Add banana into flour dough.
- Using a table spoon make spoonfull balls and drop them into the saucepan.
- Fry for about 3 – 5 minutes or until lightly brown and repeat until all done.
- Serve with hot tea. If you don't have rice flour you can use wheat flour.
Fried Banana is easy to make. It needs only few ingredients and a short cooking time, you won't believe how delicious this simple dessert will be. Drop banana mixture by tablespoon into hot oil. Remove bananas from oil, and drain on paper towels. Fried bananas are a popular dessert and snack food in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia.