🍚Tunisian Marzipan Balls🍚(Kaber El Louz).
You can cook 🍚Tunisian Marzipan Balls🍚(Kaber El Louz) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🍚Tunisian Marzipan Balls🍚(Kaber El Louz)
- You need 150 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of rosewater (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Red food colouring.
- It’s of Green food colouring.
- You need of Icing sugar for dusting.
- You need of Caster sugar to coat the balls.
🍚Tunisian Marzipan Balls🍚(Kaber El Louz) instructions
- Place 100g (3 & 1/2 oz) of water in a pan. Add the sugar, rosewater and vanilla extract. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken slightly. Add the syrup to the ground almonds and mix well using a spatula..
- Turn the paste onto a surface and knead well. Transfer the paste to a plate and chill in the 'fridge for about 30 minutes. Divide the paste into 3 equal pieces. Add ½ tsp of red food colouring to one of the pieces and mix well to create a ball of red marzipan..
- Repeat with the green food colouring to produce a ball of green marzipan. Dust a surface with icing sugar and roll each ball out to a length of around 35cm (14")..
- Braid the three strands together and press together. Prepare the balls by cutting about 20 g (1 oz) from the end of the braid and rolling firmly between your hands. You should make around 20 balls. Finish off the balls by rolling in caster sugar..
- #Tips You can of course start with ready-made marzipan if you prefer. This makes them even easier to prepare! Store in an airtight container in a cool place and they will last for ages..