Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay).
You can have Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay)
- Prepare 700 gr of pangasius fillet.
- You need 2 of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of shallots.
- You need 2 of candlenut.
- It’s 3 cm of ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of galangal powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black galangal powder.
- Prepare 30 gr of dried grated coconut.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 10 of lemongrass stems.
Sate Lilit Bali (Indonesian Balinese Fish satay) step by step
- Put all of the ingredients in the food processor, except for the lemongrass stems. Feel the texture. It should be sticky and easy to be molded..
- Wrap the lemongrass stems with the minced fish..
- Pre heat the oven into 180 c degree. When it's heated, put the fish satay in and set the timer for 25 minutes..
- Bake the fish in the oven. You might want to flip them on the last 10 minutes..
- Smell that inviting lemongrass aroma from your oven? That means your satay lilit is done!.
- Tip for a more exotic experience: enjoy your satay lilit with "sambal matah" (chopped chilies, shallots, salt, and lemongrass powder showered in hot olive oil). This sambal is really hot! My husband would describe this exotic experience as "a kind of pain" 😉😅.