Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices).
You can cook Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
- You need of free range chicken (rub with salt and lime for 30 min).
- Prepare of Blended spices.
- Prepare of thumb of ginger.
- You need of thumb of galangal.
- You need of Small pcs of turmeric.
- Prepare of candlenut.
- It’s of lemongrass.
- It’s of shallots.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Roughly chopped spices.
- You need of lemongrass.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- Prepare of lime leaves.
- You need of shallots.
- It’s of Additional.
- It’s of Banana leaves for cover.
- Prepare of Aluminium foil.
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) instructions
- Blend all the blended spices.
- Heat a pan, sauteé the blended spice until fragrant. Afterwards, bring the roughly chopped spices in until it's cooked..
- Rinse the chicken well, place it on the banana leaves, then rub it with the cooked spices. Wrap in the leaves and let it cool in the fridge for minimum an hour (better overnight)..
- Next, wrap the banana leaves with aluminium foil and steam the chicken until it's tender (mine roughly 1 hour)..