Italian Christmas cookies.
You can have Italian Christmas cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Christmas cookies
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cups of confection sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 6 tsp of water.
Italian Christmas cookies step by step
- Sift dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugar, beat eggs add vanilla..
- Knead and add flour as needed to keep dough from sticking to hands..
- Pinch off dough, roll in hands to form a log and then twirl into shape. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet..
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes..
- Icing: Stir until creamy. Dip cookie into icing and sprinkle with trim..
- Place on wire rack with wax paper under rack to collect the icing drips..