Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe). Nilagang Baka is a simple Filipino beef soup. There are many ways to prepare Nilagang Baka; this Nilagang baka recipe that I am featuring is probably the tastiest among the versions that I know because I used some sort of mirepoix to infuse flavor to the soup – I'm talking about the addition of onion, celery, and star anise in the initial step so that the soup will be flavorful even before. Nilagang Baka is the ultimate comfort food!
Nilagang baka is a Filipino beef soup with vegetables like carrots, potatoes, cabbage and pechay. The best beef soup is combining the beef with bony parts like beef ribs but you can also make soup stock by boiling the bones. When buying beef, it is also recommended to choose meat with some fat to improve the taste. You can have Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe)
- It’s 1 of kl or half beef shank and tendon, cut into serving pieces.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, quartered.
- You need 4 bunches of pechay.
- It’s 10 pcs of Baguio beans, ends trimmed.
- Prepare 1 of small cabbage, quartered.
- It’s of salt/fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
Nilagang Baka is a Filipino broth-based soup with beef in it. It usually has onion, potatoes, and pechay in it as well. Some people also like to add other items, such as corn, saba bananas, or even cabbage. The soup can take a few hours to cook, but the wait is well worth it.
Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) step by step
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion..
- Add beef, water, salt/fish sauce and peppercorns. Cover and boil until beef is fork tender (more than one hour)..
- Add potatoes, corn and cook until tender..
- Add Baguio beans, pechay and cabbage and season with salt/fish sauce..
- Serve with fish sauce, sili and calamansi.
How to cook Nilagang Baka Nilagang Baka Recipe is a delicious beef stew made with petsay, cabbages and other vegetables. It is one of the most common dishes that can be found in every part of the Philippines. Nilagang Baka is an everyday dish that can be found in almost all carinderias (small eatery) in the Philippines which is highly appreciated by every one. Nilagang Baka is a Filipino beef soup cooked until the meat becomes really tender and with vegetables like potatoes, beans, and cabbage that makes this simple soup healthy and flavorful. This dish is one of that 'ordinary day' dish that is served at a Filipino table on a regular basis.