Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung). Village style fried rice otherwise known as Nasi Goreng Kampung is a Malay styled fried rice. It is commonly cooked using leftover rice. However, you can also use freshly cooked rice as well.
A simple hommade village fried rice ( Nasi goreng kampung) making tips and easy recipe. Nasi goreng kampung is a variation of nasi goreng in Malaysia and Singapore, the distinguished ingredient used are dried anchovies and prawns Nasi goreng is prevalent in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, it is notable from other types of Asian fried rice with its substantial quantity of kecap. Nasi goreng means fried rice in Indonesian and Malay language. You can cook Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- You need 300 gr of white rice.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten, then fried and scrambled.
- Prepare 4 of shallots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of candlenut, shaved/puree.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried shrimp paste, toasted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s of SPRINKLED GARNISH:.
- It’s 10 gr of anchovies, fried.
- You need 5 of cayenne peppers (to taste), thinly sliced.
It is cooked with a chili paste consisting of bird's-eye chili, shallot, garlic, belacan (a local shrimp paste) In this article, I will explain how to prepare the nasi goreng famous in Malaysia called nasi goreng kampung (village fried rice). Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods – and I'm betting you will love it.
Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) step by step
- Saute garlic, shallots and candlenut until fragrant. Add white rice and egg, stir briefly..
- Add pepper powder, dried shrimp paste and sweet soy sauce. Stir so that all ingredients are well blended..
- Serve fried rice with a sprinkling of fried anchovies and sliced cayenne pepper..
Easy spicy anchovy fried rice, one of the famous Malaysian fried rice, also known as nasi goreng kampung. This easy spicy anchovy fried rice is known as nasi goreng kampung in Malaysia. It's a simple fried rice with Malaysian traditional taste that surely has a special. When I was in Johor Bahru doing my teacher's training stint, I had Ainur, a Malay and Ting, a Sarawakian as my housemates. But hahaha, we are happy together and most of all, we clicked!! how to prepare fried rice, chinese style.