Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken. Make the paste using a blender or traditional mortar and pestle until smooth. Some says this is the best Indonesian fried chicken. Because you eat it with the fried galangal too.
I really love Padang, food (West Sumatra) and this chicken is one of Ayam Goreng Lengkuas is really tasty because it is made from different exotic spices. Try it and you will want more! Ayam goreng is an Indonesian and Malaysian dish consisting of chicken deep fried in oil. You can have Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken
- It’s 1/2 kg of chickens.
- You need of Turmeric paste:.
- It’s 6 of shallots.
- It’s 4 of garlics.
- You need 3 cm of turmeric, peeled.
- It’s of Others:.
- It’s 2 of Indonesian basil leaves.
- You need 1 of lemongrass.
- You need 1 of medium size gallangal, shredded.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Water.
Ayam goreng literally means "fried chicken" in Malay (including both Indonesian and Malaysian standards) and also in many Indonesian regional languages (e.g. Indonesian fried chicken is first marinated and then simmered in a flavorful mixture of spices and herbs. View full nutritional breakdown of Galangal Fried Chicken (Ayam Goreng Lengkuas ) calories by ingredient. In a wok, mix the chicken pieces with salam leaves and lemongrass.
Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken step by step
- Make the paste using a blender or traditional mortar and pestle until smooth..
- In a shallow pan, add in the chickens, paste and water. The water has to be enough to cover the chickens..
- Then add in the seasonings as well as the lemongrass and basil leaves not to forget the shredded gallangal..
- Simmer until the water and the paste dissolves and penetrate through the chickens. Stir occasionally..
- After the chickens are cooked through, put them off the heat, you can freeze them or you can fry them straight away..
- Heat the oil in a pan, medium high heat. When bubbles start to come, put the chickens and fry until golden brown..
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!.
Cook it with low heat and cover the wok until the chicken is half done. Mskan ayam, aduk sebentar lalu beri air, air kelapa & air asam, masak sampai bumbu. The main spices is galangal or lengkuas in Indonesian. Combine chicken with ground spices and shredded galangal and mix thoroughly. Heat oil in wok or use a frying pan and fry the chicken.