Chicken skewers with Satay Sauce. Thai Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce – you'll be astonished how easily you can replicate this authentic Thai restaurant favourite! At the risk of sounding totally obnoxious – this is a recipe for Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce that truly stacks up to your favourite Thai. Perfectly grilled chicken satay skewers in the most flavorful marinade.
Because this peanut-lime sauce will make anything and everything taste so much better. Perfectly spiced chicken skewers soaked in a coconut milk & peanut butter marinade, then grilled and served with a delicious peanut butter dipping sauce. Delicious chicken satay or grilled chicken skewers marinated with spices and served with peanut sauce. You can have Chicken skewers with Satay Sauce using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken skewers with Satay Sauce
- Prepare of Satay sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large red chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of medium curry powder.
- Prepare 6 of heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter.
- You need 360 ml of water.
- You need 1 of heaped caster sugar.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 large lime.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare of For the chicken.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 tsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 4 tsp of caster sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower/sesame seed oil.
- It’s 1 of little Olive oil, to fry.
Easy, authentic and the best chicken Just wrap uncooked and raw skewers with a few sheets of aluminum foil tightly and freeze in the freezer. Thaw them at room temperature before grilling. These delicious chicken skewers are packed full of flavor! As if that wasn't enough, a tangy coconut-peanut sauce takes it over the top.
Chicken skewers with Satay Sauce step by step
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and place into mixing bowl. Add the vinegar, sugar and oil. Toss together well and leave to marinate for an hour..
- To make the sauce, heat oil in the frying pan under a high heat. Add the onion, chilli and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Lower heat, place lid on top and cook for 5 minutes..
- Stir the curry powder and fry for 1 minute. Add the peanut butter, water, sugar and lime juice and stir over a high heat until sauce is quite thick and shiny. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into bowl to cool completely.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and fry on pan with a little olive oil. I done mine in the oven for a little bit as well to ensure fully cooked..
The marinated chicken satay skewers are served with a satay curry sauce made with peanut butter, garlic, honey and ginger. So this week a new taste on the table, Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce. Oh hello Friday night takeaway replacement! These Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers are easy to make and much healthier than getting takeout! The sauce is amazing – you HAVE to try it!