Homemade Liquid Washing Detergent.
You can have Homemade Liquid Washing Detergent using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Liquid Washing Detergent
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Borax.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Baking Soda Wash.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of (1-2 bars)Pure Vegetable Oil Soap(important ingredient to make it thick).
- It’s 2 cup of Purex Crystals or Snuggles Scent Boosters.
- You need 6 cup of Water.
- You need 5 gallon of bucket with or without lid.
Homemade Liquid Washing Detergent step by step
- Put the 6 cups of water on low to medium heat..
- Grated soap into little pieces in a bowl.
- Add grated soap to hot water,stir to mix it together(not all the soap will melt,but turn the heat down and go to your next step).
- Mix the borax,baking soda wash,and scented crystals or boosters into the 5 gallon bucket (if you get the Snuggle Scented Boosters in the individual packs add 5-10(of course open and pour the powder in).
- Fill the 5 gallon bucket half full with hot water,now mix it together(Oh check your soap on the stove).I use an electric drill and a wire clothes hanger(formed into a mixer end)Stir ingredients in the 5 gallon until well blinded..
- Now add your soap to the 5 gallon bucket.(Note:All soap should be in a liquid state.).
- Fill the rest of the bucket with hot water(I try to leave aleast an inch of space at the top).
- Then stir until all is blended.Becareful if your using a drill because you will get a little trigger happy and before you know it you'll either be wearing or mopping up washing detergent.(Positive side of it is you'll smell awesome).
- Now that everything is blended you'll need to store the bucket in a cool dry location.(You can cover it with a lid,towel(Note hat if you cover it;it will keep the heat inside longer) or leave it open just make sure it will stay free of trash and etc.I use to place a lid and or towel over the top,but noticed it took longer and didn't gel like I wanted it too.So now I leave it uncovered.Made a bucket last night around 7 and before going to bed at 10 it cooled down enough then to gel just a little..
- Next the day(12-24 hours) make sure it's gelled to your liking.Now you've got to break up the gel or use your mixer to break it up(So much easier) into a really thick liquid.At this point you can either leave it in the bucket or place it into old washing liquid containers.I try to do half water and half washing liquid when I put it in containers.If left in the bucket you should use 1/4 cup of the detergent.If in containers along with added water I use maybe a 1/2 cup(Depending on what I'm washing).
- Note:There maybe little chucks of soap on top after gel,but you can either store them into an air tight container for later use(cleaning) or break those pieces up..