Indonesian Fried Rice Lamb (Nasi Goreng Kambing). Nasi goreng, literally meaning "fried rice" in Indonesian and Malay, is considered Indonesia's national dish. It can refer simply to fried pre-cooked rice. Indonesian Street Food 🇮🇩 NASI GORENG RECIPE – Fried Rice!!
This fragrant rice dish with chicken, prawns and shredded omelette is the ultimate comfort food for spice lovers. Spoon the nasi goreng onto warmed plates. Overlap the cucumber and tomato on the side of each plate, sprinkle over the crispy fried onions and serve with prawn crackers. You can cook Indonesian Fried Rice Lamb (Nasi Goreng Kambing) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Fried Rice Lamb (Nasi Goreng Kambing)
- Prepare 250 gram of lamb, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 750 gram of cooked rice (refrigerated).
- It’s 3 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- You need 3 of shallots, sliced.
- You need 2 of red chillies, finely chopped (optional).
- It’s 2 teaspoon of peppercorns.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 50 gram of white cabbage, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s Pinch of five spice powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fried shallots.
- You need 1 of cucumber, sliced (for garnish).
- You need 1 of tomatoes, sliced (for garnish).
- You need of fried eggs (for garnish).
- You need of Couple bird's eye chilli (optional).
This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel. It is very easy to make Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid. Nasi Goreng is a fragrant Indonesian fried rice recipe, that is much easier to make at home than you think!
Indonesian Fried Rice Lamb (Nasi Goreng Kambing) instructions
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the wok. Add the lamb and stir-fry for 1 minute or until seared. Transfer the lamb to a bowl and set aside..
- Add the remaining oil to the wok, then sauté the garlic, shallot and chilli (chilli optional) on medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the rice, increase the heat to high and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and all the rice grains are separated. Add all the spices and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until fragrant..
- Add the cabbage, and spring onion along with the lamb. Toss to combine well, then add the dark soy sauce, sweet soy sauce and season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fried shallot. Serve with cucumber, tomato and chilli or without chilli 😍.
Are you a fan of Indonesian cuisine? Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages. Nasi Goreng can be served as a main dish, as a component of a Dutch/Indonesian 'rijstafel' or as a side dish. It is commonly eaten by Indonesians for breakfast, which you can do also if there is any left from the previous day (doubtful!). Preparation time does not include cooking and cooling the rice.