Sponge Cake. Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe – British Classic – Recipes by Warren Nash. Eggless Sponge Cake Recipes Eggless Sponge Cake Video (In Hindi By Sanjeev Kapoor (student)). Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers.
We have recipes including a classic Victoria. See more ideas about Cake, Sponge cake, Cake recipes. This traditional sponge cake tastes great decorated with a choice of fillings such as vanilla buttercream, whipped cream, lemon curd or jam. You can cook Sponge Cake using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 100 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 120 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of table salt.
- Prepare 40 g of almond slices.
A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. However, sponge cake recipes typically call for more eggs than traditional cake recipes. I love this sponge cake recipe. It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this This is a classic European sponge cake (aka Genoise).
Sponge Cake step by step
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thickened and pale in color. Add vanilla extract and mix well..
- Add salt and flour in 3 additions. Fold the batter using a silicone spatula after each addition. Mix just until combined (do not overmix)..
- Pour the batter into an 8×8-inch (20x20cm) baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Tap the pan onto the counter twice to release unwanted big air bubbles inside. Distribute the almond slices evenly on top..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340℉ (170℃) for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack..
Once you have this recipe down (you'll memorize. The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart. Take a basic sponge cake recipe to the next level with these When it comes to tea-time, a sponge cake recipe is the best way to go! Deliciously fluffy sponge cakes make for a perfect light dessert or a treat with an afternoon coffee or tea. A step-by-step sponge cake recipe that is foolproof and really easy.