Kerala Egg Puffs.
You can cook Kerala Egg Puffs using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kerala Egg Puffs
- Prepare 4 to 6 nos of pastry sheets Puff / squares -.
- You need 2 to 3 nos of eggs Hard boiled – ( cut vertically into two).
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Onion – sliced -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger garlic and – finely chopped -.
- You need 1 tsp of Curry leaves – chopped -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kashmiri chili powder -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder – ( or to taste).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam masala -.
- It’s 1 to 2 tsps of Tomato kechup -.
- You need to taste of Salt -.
- Prepare as required of Oil -.
- You need 1 of Egg small (beaten)-.
Kerala Egg Puffs instructions
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Keep aside.Preheat oven to 190 deg C..
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion,ginger,garlic and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns golden brown.(add salt to speed up the process).
- Reduce heat to low, add kashmiri chili powder,black pepper powder,turmeric powder and garam masala.Cook for a minute or two,stirring continuously.Add more salt if required.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.Allow this to cool slightly.Divide this equally into 4 or 6 (depending upon how spicy you like it..
- Spoon the prepared masala to the center of the pastry square,and place one half of a hard boiled egg on the top..
- Fold all the corners to the center,gently press with your finger to seal.
- Brush the top with egg wash.Repeat the steps for all the puffs pastry squares..
- Place the puffs on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it turns golden brown..
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup,if desired.