Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce. The traditional Indonesian peanut sauce is made simply with peanuts, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), chillies, shallots and lime. Not cooked, just ground together into a thick paste. The Peanut Sauce in my Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls recipe would also go great with Chicken Satay.
An classic Indonesian recipe for Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, learned from a true Balinese cook in Bali! Put the peanut sauce in a wok or saucepan. Let it simmer and slowly adding the rest of the coconut milk. You can cook Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken breast Fillet thinly Sliced,cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Canadian Shallot.
- You need 3 of candle nuts.
- It’s 5 tbsp of peanut butter(I use craft).
- Prepare to taste of kecap manis(sweet soy sauce).
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need as needed of skewers.
Served with THE BEST creamy peanut sauce ever!!! I'm going to be completely honest with you guys. These chicken satay skewers could taste like shoe leather. Iconic Indonesian chicken satay complete with spicy peanut sauce dressing that just as good as those you find in Indonesia, so what are you So, sate ayam is simply, skewered chicken.
Indonesian Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce step by step
- Pour Lime juice and salt into the chicken,put aside..
- Mince Garlic,shallot and candle nut through food processor..
- Make the sauce : Heat 2tbsp oil then add the minced garlic,minced shallot and minced candle nut. Add peanut butter,water and kecap manis. Let the sauce come to boil. Try to taste. let the sauce cool down..
- Pour a half of sauce into the chicken and leave it for minimum 30minutes or just leave it overnight in fridge..
- Put the seasoned chicken through the skewers then bake them in the oven at 400°F for about 10minutes. Take them out of the oven and flip the skewers then put them back into the oven for about 10more minutes. And it's done! enjoy the satay! ♥️😘.
What do you need to prepare Indonesian sate ayam? For the sate ayam (chicken satay), you will need This chicken satay is so flavorful, and the peanut dipping sauce just takes these over the top. Then that delicious light char from the flames of the grill gives These juicy chicken skewers always wow kids and adults alike, and the peanut sauce usually disappears in no time. I think out of all Thai food. This peanut sauce doesn't have coconut milk like in the one for gado gado.