Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik). Ayam Percik, a Malaysian grilled or roasted chicken marinated in flavorful spices like turmeric, cumin & coriander along with lemongrass, coconut milk Perfectly grilled tender chicken that was marinated in spices slathered with the most divine creamy spiced coconut milk sauce. A spicy baste & grilled chicken ~ ayam percik. I defied myself and cooked a chicken breast.
This beautifully seasoned chicken is very popular and sold at roadside food stalls It is a great recipe for the barbecue or for the indoor kitchen! Ayam Percik – Grilled Chicken in Coconut Sauce. Ayam percik is a very famous roasted chicken dish in Malaysia. You can cook Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik) using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik)
- Prepare 2 pc of Whole Chicken Leg (deboned).
- Prepare 2 pc of Chicken Breast.
- It’s of Marinade Paste;.
- Prepare 50 g of Shallots.
- You need 30 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger.
- It’s 20 g of Galangal.
- You need 10 pc of Dried Chillies (rehydrate, deseeded).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- Prepare of Marinade Pre-Sauce;.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sriracha Chilli Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cooking Oil.
- You need of Basting Sauce;.
- You need 1 cup of Reserved Marinade.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
Often found at the local night market, or pasar malam, this dish is flavored with delicious spices. Ayam percik, or roasted spiced chicken, is a grilled chicken dish that is cooked with rich coconut gravy. It originated in the northern Malaysian. There is no need for salt as the fish sauce is salty.
Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik) instructions
- MARINATING; Blend the marinade paste until fine. Then add it to the marinade pre-sauce and mix well. Reserve 1 cup of the Marinade and add it to 1 cup of coconut milk to make Basting Sauce. Marinate the chicken for 3 hours or overnight..
- GRILLING; Grease the grill with oil. Grill the chicken skin side down first, for 5 minutes; Do Not Move the Chicken, let it sit. While the bottom is cooking, baste the top half with the basting sauce. After 5 minutes, switch sides and baste the chicken. Cook the chicken for minimum 20 minutes..
- If there are any leftover Basting sauce, you can heat it, reduce the liquid and serve it as a sauce..
- NOTE; I'm using coconut charcoal briquettes. You have to wait until the entire brick turns white before grilling and this will take a long time. When it turns to white, break it apart and spread it around the pit..
Place the marinated chicken breasts in a plastic bag and. Ayam Percik is originating from the Northern state of Kelantan, Malaysia. Chicken is marinating with spices and baste with a rich coconut spices gravy! The flavourful chicken is a result of spices marinade and basting with a rich coconut gravy prior to grill. The spices that Kelantanese uses for.