Tomato Basil Soup.
You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- You need 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 6-8 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of red onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Basil.
- Prepare 32 oz of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of Salt + Pepper.
Tomato Basil Soup instructions
- TOMATO BASIL SOUP INSTRUCTIONS In a large pot add olive oil, chopped red onions, minced garlic cloves, and a generous amount of salt over medium heat. Cook for at least 15 mins or until the onions start turning golden brown and are soft..
- Next, stir in tomatoes and vegetable broth, season with salt, pepper, and 1 TBSP of basil. Bring the pot to boil, then cover, and reduce heat to low. Allow the soup to simmer for at LEAST 20 mins, but the longer the better, you can leave it simmering for a couple hours for more flavor. After your soup has simmered, carefully transfer it into a blender, or you can use an immersion blender inside the pot and blent the soup until desired consistency is reached..
- Leave the soup uncovered and stir in the heavy whipping cream and the remainder of basil. You can add more basil, salt and pepper to your taste. We also added in 1/4 cup fresh basil (this is optional). Let the soup simmer for 15-30 mins, the longer, the thicker it will be. Then you’re done! ENJOY!.