Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish. A simple homemade relish really makes this dish really special, complementing the duck to perfection. Duck breast is easy and quick to cook, and is best done very simply with a little salt on either side. The blackberry sauce is also very easy to make, simply heating the blackberries with a couple other ingredients to reduce down a little, and it makes for a luscious accompaniment to the meat.
To serve, slice duck breast thinly across the grain on a diagonal and arrange on a platter. Spoon the sauce over the meat and garnish with the rest of the blackberries. Grilled Spiced Duck Breasts with Blackberries. foodandwine.com. You can cook Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish
- You need 2 of boneless, skin-on duck breasts.
- You need of Marinade:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of blackberries.
- You need of (Optional sugar to taste if the blackberries aren’t sweet enough).
- It’s Dash of white wine.
- You need Dash of sherry vinegar.
- It’s of Small glug of olive oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need Pinch of kosher salt.
- It’s of Few grinds of black pepper.
- Prepare of Corn-blackberry salsa:.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 cup of (or a bit more) fresh blackberries.
- You need 1 Tbsp of diced shallot.
- It’s Sprig of fresh thyme, leaves crushed.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of diced red bell pepper.
- It’s of Healthy spoonful of sambal oelek.
- You need of Big squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- You need Pinch of sugar if too tart or sour.
It uses blackberry, corn, cilantro, corn tortillas, chili powder, jalapeno, olive oil, salmon, oregano, red wine, lime, cumin, red onion. You always dreamed to cook french ? 🙂 Here is a beautiful french Duck breast with blackberry cream recipe ! This video will teach you how to do a great. Looking for a new way to make chicken breasts?
Duck Breasts with Blackberry-Corn Relish step by step
- Crush all marinade ingredients in mortar and pestle. Place breasts and marinade in sealable plastic bag for about 2 hours before grilling..
- Mix all relish ingredients together and adjust to taste..
- Grill the duck breasts. We grill the duck over a deadfall Madrona wood fire, but any grill, wood or other will do. Grilling time will depend upon size of breasts and preference. We grill to about 135º, flipping once midway through..
- Slice the duck breasts and serve with the relish..
When you try this chicken recipe with delectable southwestern flavor, you'll be astonished at how good grilled chicken can taste. Those of us looking for easy weeknight recipes will love the fact that this chicken with corn and black bean relish comes. Fatty, rich duck breast is balanced by a sweet reduction of blackberries and red wine. For the duck: Pat duck breasts dry with paper towels and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Blackberry Corn Relish: Made with corn, blackberries, lime juice, red onion and jalapeno.