Ayam Rica – Rica (Hot and Spicy Chicken). Ayam rica-rica is original Manado cuisine, very spicy like most things from Manado😁. Manado style chicken that is known for its super hot spicy taste. Learn how to make tasty ayam rica rica with a pressure cooker or on the stove.
The origin of this dish is from Minahasan cuisine of North Sulawesi. Ayam rica-rica is specialty chicken dish from the city of Manado in Indonesia North Sulawesi. Rica means chili in North Sulawesi language, so ayam rica-rica translates to chicken with chili sauce. You can have Ayam Rica – Rica (Hot and Spicy Chicken) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ayam Rica – Rica (Hot and Spicy Chicken)
- It’s 1 of chicken, cut into pieces or just use chicken leg.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Spices (ground).
- You need 100 gram of red chillies.
- Prepare 25 gram of red bird's eye chillies.
- It’s 6 of shallots.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried shrimp paste.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- It’s 2-3 of tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
If you love bold, spicy, fresh, and citrusy dishes, you will definitely love ayam rica-rica. Ayam rica-rica is one of Indonesian culinary, precisely from Manado, North Sulawesi. The word Rica is derived from the language of Manado which means spicy In addition to red chilies, another spice of ayam rica-rica is ginger. Ginger gives warmness to our body and absorbs nutrients from food we eat.
Ayam Rica – Rica (Hot and Spicy Chicken) step by step
- Rub chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and lime juice, and let it stand for 15 minutes..
- Heat 5 tablespoon of cooking oil in a frying pan, stir fry the spice paste until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes..
- Add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaf, juice of kaffir lime, salt, and sugar and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Add chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook undisturbed for 20 minutes on medium heat, or until chicken is fully cooked and tender. Serve with a bowl of steaming white rice..
- Serve with Rice.
This Ayam (chicken) can be pre-cooked and placed on the grill and served with the rica rica (the spicy sauce). According to some Indonesian food websites Rica Rica is a speciality from the city of Manado in North Sulawesi, and is a type of hot and spicy sauce with the tangy taste of lime and lemongrass. This Ayam (chicken) can be pre-cooked and. Resep rica rica sendiri sebenarnya tidak harus menggunakan bahan daging ayam saja. Cita rasa pedas menjadi ciri khas resep yang tergabung dalam masakan indonesia yang satu ini.