Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices).
You can have Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
- Prepare 1/2 of free range chicken (rub with salt and lime for 30 min).
- You need of Blended spices.
- It’s 1 of thumb of ginger.
- It’s 1 of thumb of galangal.
- You need of Small pcs of turmeric.
- It’s 5 of candlenut.
- You need 3 pcs of lemongrass.
- It’s 7 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Roughly chopped spices.
- You need 2 pcs of lemongrass.
- Prepare 5 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of lime leaves.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- It’s of Additional.
- Prepare of Banana leaves for cover.
- You need of Aluminium foil.
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) step by step
- Blend all the blended spices.
- Heat a pan, sauteé the blended spice until fragrant. Afterwards, bring the roughly chopped spices in until it's cooked..
- Rinse the chicken well, place it on the banana leaves, then rub it with the cooked spices. Wrap in the leaves and let it cool in the fridge for minimum an hour (better overnight)..
- Next, wrap the banana leaves with aluminium foil and steam the chicken until it's tender (mine roughly 1 hour)..